OPPO has announced A9x, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the A series, soon after the A9 that was introduced last month. It has the same 6.53-inch Full HD+ Dew Drop notch display with 90.7% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by MediaTek Helio P70 SoC with 6GB of RAM, runs Android Pie with ColorOS 6.0 and a 16-megapixel front camera, but this has a 48-megapixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, four-in-one pixel binning to offer 12MP image with 1.6μm pixel.
It has a 3D gradient back, features a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 4020mAh battery with support for VOOC 3.0 fast charging.
OPPO A9x specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P70 12nm processor (Quad 2.1GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with 900MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture,5MP secondary camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 162 x 76.1 x 8.3m; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS
- 4020mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging
The OPPO A9x comes in Ice Jade White and Meteorite Black colors, , is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 289 / Rs. 20,270 approx.), available for pre-order through OPPO Shop and goes on sale from May 21 in China.