Micromax today announced a launch of a new smartphone in the budget segment to take on the other offerings in the market. Micromax iOne is the new budget smartphone from the company, and it comes with a 5.45-inch notch display, dual rear cameras, runs on Android 9 Pie and more.
Micromax iOne sports a 5.45-inch 19:9 notch display with a resolution of 540 X 1132 pixels. It is powered by the UNISOC SC9863 octa-core processor which was seen on the itel A46 that was launched yesterday. The iOne sports 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via MicroSD.
Regarding the optics, it sports a single 5MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera, both with LED flash. It is backed up by a 2200 mAH battery and runs on Android 9 Pie operating system.
Micromax iOne specifications
- 5.45-inch (540 x 1132 pixels) display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core Unisoc SC9863 processor with IMG8322 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 5MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Samsung5E8 sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, Samsung5E8 sensor
- Dimensions: 141 x 69 x 9mm, Weight: 120g
- 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB
- 2200mAh (typical) battery
The Micromax iOne is priced at Rs.4999 and will be available through retailers starting today.
Commenting on the launch, Micromax Informatics Strategy Head Sunil Joon said:
Our newest #iOne Notch Display hosts a 19:9 Notch screen that ensures more content is displayed without the edges being cut. Additionally, our newest offering also packs a powerful 2 GB RAM and Octa-core processor for maximising the experience of our users. Micromax, since its inception, has always stood for democratizing technology at affordable price points. Continuing to build on that vision, the newest addition to the Micromax family will make the new #iOne a sought-after purchase for consumers across the country.